Sunday, January 8, 2012

I am forgiven~ Thank you Jesus!


I was perusing my images of art yesterday and found a few of very poignant ones by a couple of my favorite artists and friends,Greg Olsen and Morgan Weistling. I worked closely with these two talented inspirational artists in the 1990's during my 'marketing' years at Mill Pond Press. We launched the new Visions of Faith line of inspirational and religious art prints. I was so blessed to be able to work with these Godly men. I saw many very beautiful artistic images of Jesus up close and personal and it changed my life forever and began my spiritual quest back to the Lord.


Their art cuts deep into my soul and always has. Forgiven ©Greg Olsen is an image of a young girl kneeling before Jesus, asking him to forgive her deepest and more horrible sins. Greg painted to a verse in the book of Isaiah: "Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.” (Isaiah 1:18)

When I look at this expressive image, I think about my own sins. I can so relate to what she is feeling as she sits at her Savior's feet and confesses her sins. Surely, I am covered with crimson and scarlet because I am a sinner.
I will readily admit my sins to anyone when asked. But, most importantly, I've admitted them to the one who matters, my Lord and Savior, Jesus. I love him with everything in me. I am proud to belong to Jesus. I am blessed to be a child of God. 


For me, being a Christian means that I spread the love of Jesus every chance I get. Social media is the perfect fit for me. It's available at anytime, any day and I can access it simply by sitting down at my computer. Perfect for someone who can't drive anymore because of MS. Spreading the love of Jesus is part of who I am and I feel blessed that I am able to do it. But please understand this: being a Christian doesn't mean I don't sin. I do sin, every day, but the difference is my sins are forgiven. Each time I confess, the Lord forgives me of my sins and he is waiting to forgive you too. 


Forgiven  ©Greg Olsen

1 John 1:9 says "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." What sweet words those are! He makes it so simple for us, why do we resist him so?


The Crucifixion ©Morgan Weistling

Though His face is weary and worn, we see Him looking up to heaven towards the Heavenly Father. 
To think, He did it all for us...Unbelievable!

I feel that part of our human thinking is we honestly believe by doing 'good things', we can earn our way into heaven. You absolutely can't! Salvation is a gift. Nothing you can do will change what he did. Ephesians 2:8 declares it so well: "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God."  

There is nothing that you can do to change or better what he did, Nothing! He is the one that died on that Cross for our sins. He did it and it is the perfect gift that he is waiting to give you. There is nothing you can do or say to better it. It is the greatest gift ever given to humankind, pure and simple.

                                                                           White as Snow ©Greg Olsen

The image above White as Snow ©Greg Olsen shows Jesus with the girl after he cleansed her from her sin. Her red garment (symbolizing her sin) is sitting on his lap and she is draped in white, her sins blotted out forever. What a glorious feeling - just look at the smile on that face of hers!

Do you want your soul to be white as snow? Do you want your sins to be cleansed by the only one who can save you? Do you want a brand new life, and a fresh start for the New Year? Turn your life over to him. Confess your sins and ask for his forgiveness. He died for you and only he can save you.  

It's the greatest feeling in the world and it will change your life forever. All the other stuff just falls away. This is the only thing that matters during your journey here on earth. I am forgiven. How about you?

My verses for today are above in red:

My prayer for today:

Dear Heavenly Father: 

Thank you for forgiving me. Thank you for everything you did for me on that Cross. What an unbelievable gift that is.Thank you for saving me from myself and my sins. Help me to live for you everyday. I am so unworthy of your love, Jesus. Help me to take this tremendous gift you have given me and take it to the nations, in your blessed name!

In Jesus Name I pray,
Amen and Amen


1 comment:

  1. Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog
    and wanted to say that I've truly enjoyed surfing around your
    blog posts. In any case I will be subscribing to your rss feed and I'm hoping you write once more soon!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments on my blog. Please leave them here and God Bless you~