Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Proverbs- the Book of Wisdom!

I love the book of Proverbs!

Woven in all of our lives is the desire to learn and understand. That's what makes us who we are and makes us different from the animals, and apes! We want to analyze, theorize, discuss, and debate everything we do. We're interested in all kinds of things from math, science, different languages, to the supernatural, the arts, sports, different interests for different people. Learning and trying to understand what this life is all about is part of who we are and will be until the day we die. But there is a big difference between "knowledge" and "wisdom." Knowledge is knowing the facts, wisdom is apply the facts to life.

I've been thinking about the difference between the two of those today. I'm sure we all know people that are "book" smart, they seem to have a lot of knowledge, but it sure doesn't seem that they apply it to their day to day lives. Then we know people we consider "street" smart, who have done all their growing up or struggling along actually living life, not sitting in a classroom. Do you know alot of people that have both knowledge and wisdom?

I think knowledge is attainable by many, but wisdom is often hard to come by, and should be treasured whenever and wherever we can find it. Do you know some family members or friends that have wisdom? Do you seek their advice?

It seems that everyone has something to say about everything these days. The TV, internet and radios are full of people with opinions about everything from how to lose weight, how to raise your kids, where to eat, what to wear, where to vacation, what kind of car to buy, who to vote for, etc., etc. Where do you go to get your wisdom? Your spouse, significant other, brother, sister, friend, pastor or the Lord of the Universe?

The Bible is full of wisdom if you just open it up and look. Almighty God wants to impart His knowledge to you through the Bible, which is His Word, the book of life. I think that everything we need to know about life is in the books in the Bible, just pick it up and start reading! One of my favorite verses for how to live your life is...

Proverbs 3:5-6


"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight."

So, I need to trust in God, don't lean on my own knowledge, but acknowledge Him and He will guide my life! Sounds pretty good to me, how about you?

My prayer for today:

Dear Lord,

Help me to lean on you everyday. I am weak, you are strong, I can do nothing, you can do everything. I am human, you are God Almighty, Creator of Heaven and Earth. Help me to put all my trust in you, every moment of everyday.

In Jesus Name I pray,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments on my blog. Please leave them here and God Bless you~