Sunday, September 5, 2010

Coincidence or God-incidence?

Do you ever have a thought just pop into your head all the sudden like I wonder how so and so is doing? I should probably give them a call, or send them an email. Or you see something on TV or hear a song that makes you instantly think of someone special, so you try to get a hold of them right away. Or something happens in your life one day and you have to share that with someone you love so you pick up the phone and call and they say," it's funny that you called, I was just thinking about you." Next thing you know they are sharing a part of their life with you and you begin to feel that it was a good thing that you called them after all.

Many would say, oh - that's just a coincidence that you did something just when someone else needed you and you didn't even know about it. I say there are no coincidences in life, only God incidences. I believe it is our Lord, our Creator, who puts every thought we have into our heads. He knows who is going to need help and he sends his guardian angels at just the right time. He creates God-incidences that often seem to amaze us. But really when you really stop and think about it, why should they?

Jesus is the great orchestra leader of life. He knows all the high notes and low notes and all the notes in between. Only He knows everything that is going on, all the time, everyday, every second, everywhere around the world, by everyone. He hears the prayers of every single one of us, each day and each hour. He is calling his people to forget about their own selfish needs, and reach out! The Great Commission is about spreading the word of Jesus Christ. To do that, we need to be like him. He wants us to be his hands and feet to this hurting world we live in. The only way many people will ever see Jesus, might be through some kind word or action that you do right now, right here, TODAY!

God knows those who are suffering and in need. He knows those who are willing to lend a hand to those who need it most. I think to be able to be one of God's angels, and if you want the Lord to be able to use you to help hurting people around you and in your life, you need to be still. You need to be quiet. But that's often hard for us to do.

To listen to the Lord, you need to spend time with him: Worshiping Him, studying his word, Praising him and seeking his face. I'm not talking about once a week at church. I'm talking about everyday, spending quiet time seeking the Lord, and asking Him to guide you and use you. So, I challenge you to try it for 6 months. It doesn't have to be an hour, it can be just 10 or15 minutes, but just totally concentrate on God and his will for one tiny portion of your day. Turn off the TV for a change. Instead, read some Bible verses. Get a daily devotional and start following along each day. Sing a favorite hymn, change your radio station to Christian music. Pray for those you love, pray for the Lord to use you to Glorify Him. Then stand back and watch him work. Because he will, guaranteed! It might not be immediate, but it will happen, in his perfect time.

We live in a very fast paced world, and it seems harder and harder to carve out time in each day for everything we need to get accomplished. Most of us are being pulled in a thousand different directions. But I believe that as believers of Jesus Christ, it is essential for us to spend some time before our God. To be still before him. You can't hear his call, if you won't slow down long enough to listen to his voice.

Are you seeking to make a change in your life or make an impact in the lives of others that you love? Ask Jesus to be your helper. Spend some time with the Creator of the Universe. He won't disappoint you.

My verse for today is from Psalm 46:10

"Be still and know that I am God."

My prayer for today:

Lord Jesus,

Help me to be still before you Lord so you can talk to me, so you can reach out to me, so you can teach me.
I want to serve only you Jesus. Give me the strength to resist the "busyness" of life to spend time with you. Thank you for this restful vacation time with my husband and son. Thank you for this beautiful sanctuary you have bestowed upon us. Help me to always seek your face as your child, as a wife and as a mother, in all things I do.

In Jesus Name I pray,
Amen and Amen

2 comments:

  1. LORD LOVES TO TALK WITH YOU but you have to ask the first question. He is there 24/7/365, knows a lot, cares, keepsw secrets, great talk friend,too m our free program inspires daily talks about real lifev questions. our song lyrics SPREAD THE WORD TALK WITH THE LORD free to use info lyrics g. hubbard p.o. box 2232 ponte vedra fl 32004 blog http://talkwiththelord.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your blog. My wife was diagnosed with MS a year ago. I am running after God to try and see him in our situation.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments on my blog. Please leave them here and God Bless you~