Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Our fingerprints never fade from the lives we touch~

That is a line from one of my favorite movies from 2011, "Remember Me," starring Robert Pattinson. It's a great flick if you ever have a chance to see it. "Our fingerprints never fade from the lives we touch." That's a pretty profound statement, don't you think?

Do you ever think about how your life and your actions can touch others on a daily basis? It may be an accidental run-in with someone you just met, or it may be someone you see each and every day, like a family member, work colleague or close friend.

But no matter what it is, the statements you make, or the actions you take or don't take, form impressions in the other person's mind of the kind of human being you are or aren't. Positive or negative; you are make an impression everywhere you go.

I'd like to talk about a person that has really touched my life over the course of the last year or so. My friend and hairdresser,Valarie, has been in my life for about 10 years. I don't see her that often, but when I do, she always inspires me and uplifts me. She's a live wire and has always been a lot of fun.

It's been a rough 5-10 years for Val. She's been married and divorced and the engaged to be married, and then broken up, had child, and lost her beloved Mom and Grandma. Val has always been a happy go lucky kind of gal, like me. She's a glass is half full kind of gal, like me. But there always seemed to be an underlying sadness about Val. Underneath all the smiling and laughing, it seemed like life was taking it's toll on her, and there was something holding her back from the joy of the Lord.

She's always been a believer and we've talked about Jesus when we see each other, but over the last 6 months she's seemed different and it's very easy for anyone to see. She's brimming with excitement about everything that is going on in her life, and it's obvious that now, the blockade is gone and she's no doubt given herself over to the Lord, no holds barred.

She's inspired to pen a book about her Jesus story; she's involved with helping the feed the homeless. She's helping young woman who have lost their way down at the Salvation Army and she's still cutting hair and spreading the love of Jesus at her hair salon. She's going to school, working as a chaplain at local churches and taking care of her young son. WOW!

She says I was the one who inspired her to go into ministry school, go figure?? I am honored and humbled by that statement, because I am seeing the fruits of that, live and in person. And I am reminded that all of our lives touch others in ways we just never know. Life is just one big puzzle, and only the Lord knows how all the pieces fit together.

Val has been totally transformed by the love of the Lord, and once again I have witnessed how God can change a life into anything He wants. Having her baby boy Tristin, (her Miracle baby as she calls him) a few years ago started Val on a new path. Then God really got her attention, and she's right back on the Jesus train track, and she's in the lead engine! She is absolutely glowing with Jesus' love.

She's full of ideas about things that God has put on her heart to accomplish by the end of this year. She performed her first wedding a few weeks ago. Below is a picture of her and Tom Zigler, son of renowned motivational speaker Zig Ziglar. He was her mentor in high school, and they ran into each other at the Nourish the Dream Conference, held in Tampa last month. A God-Thing? I know so~

                                       Val with Tom Ziglar, can't you just see Val's Jesus glow?


It's so exciting and inspiring for me to see someone who is on fire for the Lord, and Val is truly that. She's absolutely busting with ideas of things she wants to do for the Lord. I pray that He will continue to have His Providential Hand upon her and bless her mightily in all her efforts to spread His love.

Val's fingerprints have touched my life and no matter where life leads us, I will always remember her sweet love of the Lord. I pray that He will continue to use her to touch the lives of many others in the months and years to come.

The one verse that really comes to me when I think of Val is from Proverbs 3:5-6, because I think she is doing this every day and she is seeing God change her life, because of her actions:


 "Trust in the LORD with all your heart 
   and lean not on your own understanding; 
  in all your ways acknowledge Him, 
   and He will make your paths straight."



                               "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find;
                              knock and the door will be opened to you."  Matthew 7:7

We serve an AWESOME God. He's knocking on the door of your heart, just the way He did with Val's. He is the God of new beginnings and is waiting with open arms to welcome you into His Kingdom! Do it today, you'll never be sorry and it will be the best decision you'll ever make~ Promise!

He will give you unending peace and joy; the peace that can only come from Him.

My verses for today is above in red.

My prayer for today:

Dear Heavenly Father:

Thank you Lord for Val and her ministry. Help her and strengthen her each day as she takes Your Word to the world. Open the minds of the people that she encounters so that they may see Your love through her. Thank you for bringing this kind lady into my life. Thank you for our friendship. Bless our efforts to work together to spread your love to everyone we meet.

In Jesus name I pray,
Amen






2 comments:

  1. This is such a wonderful an truly God story! Val is an amazing woman! I met Val very many years ago, when we were both in the devils playground, I know where she has came from, I too was once there, an now we are all sisters in Christ! How Blessed we are to have come to know our Lord. Val God has Great plans for you, your path has already been prepared. God is smiling down on you "good an faithful servant" Praise God for SAVING US!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a wonderful an truly God story! Val is an amazing woman! I met Val very many years ago, when we were both in the devils playground, I know where she has came from, I too was once there, an now we are all sisters in Christ! How Blessed we are to have come to know our Lord. Val God has Great plans for you, your path has already been prepared. God is smiling down on you "good an faithful servant" Praise God for SAVING US!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments on my blog. Please leave them here and God Bless you~