Saturday, December 3, 2011

Our Hope is in Jesus

My beautiful mother passed away peacefully last Thursday morning, Dec 1, 2011, in TN. My brothers, sister in law and Dad were with her as the angels lead her home. Unfortunately, I didn't make it in time. Knowing she had been placed in hospice care a few days earlier, the nurses and doctors best estimate was she had 7-14 days, I was scheduled to come up on Friday and thought I had plenty of time to say my goodbyes, but the Lord had different plans.
                                                    
Mom was ready, she was tired of living in her worn out body with it's many limited abilities. She was ready to go on to glory and be with Jesus.

When someone we love leaves this earth, the grieving begins. The is the first loss of a direct family member for me. I've been blessed to have both of my parents in my life for over 56 years until last Thursday. In thinking about the grieving process these past few days, I've realized something about myself and my beliefs.

First, let me say I'm going to miss my Mom terribly. I'll miss the fun times we spent together. I had a great childhood, and had parents that loved me dearly and unconditionally, which is the way it should be. I'll miss the wonderful times I spent with Mom and Dad when they were still living in the new home they built when they moved up to TN to be near their youngest grandchildren. I have some marvelous memories of the years Mom and I worked together at Mill Pond Press. We had such a blast together. Although we didn't work in the same department, it was great knowing she was so close by and , we often had lunch together.

                                                                       My Mom during her years at Mill Pond!

I'll miss her smile, the sound of her laughter, and the quirky little things that only Mom would do. I'll miss talking to her on the phone and hearing "Hi Nick!" She was a dear lady with very specific opinions about what she believed. You always knew where you stood with my Momma. She was very black and white, there was no grey area with Livie Sue.

But she's gone now. She's moved on. Her earthly life is over and her soul has now taken residence in the glorious Kingdom of Heaven. She is sitting at the feet of Jesus, right now. How awesome is that? All of her worries, pains and sorrows of this life are gone! Finito!

The Bible tells us in 2 Corinthians 5:8  "Yes, we are fully confident, and we would rather be away from these earthly bodies, for then we will be at home with the Lord." What a resplendent thought that is.When we pass away from this earth, we leave our old, earthly bodies and we will be present with the Lord in our new bodies!

1 Corinthians 15:49 says "Just as we have borne the likeness of the earthly man, so shall we bear the likeness of the man from heaven (Jesus Christ)." We are going to have the likeness of the man from Heaven! Unbelievable, right?

So, in light of what the Bible says, when I think about the way we grieve, I have opposing views. A big part of me is so, sad that I'll never again be able to give my Mom a hug again, but another big part of me is rejoicing for her new life in Heaven!

I'm sad my Mom has left us, but I'm not sad for my Mom. Does that make sense? That might sound a little nutty to you, but that is the foundation of my Christian faith. Christ conquered the grave! He defeated death for us. With the acceptance of Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, you have taken the sting out of the death experience. Death is just a passage into a glorious new life with Jesus! Mom knew the Lord and she was ready to go home. Mom's death is a victory for Jesus! She is dancing with the angels now.

We are all going to die. None of us is getting out of here alive. It's just a matter of when the Lord says it's time for us to go home. I'm happy for my Mom. I'm happy that her suffering is over and she is happy and smiling again, that she's no longer in pain. I'm rejoicing with her for her new eternal life in Jesus! There is a great song about what Jesus did for all of us called "Because He Lives."  Enjoy it below.

If you are suffering a loss in your life right now, in the midst of the your grief, please try to remember that Jesus Christ is our only hope! He came and died so that we might live with him in Glory!


                                                         Because He Lives I can face tomorrow! You can too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M-zwE33zHA

My verses for today are above in red.

My prayers for today:

Dear Heavenly Father:

I miss my Momma, that is a fact Lord, but I know she is sitting with you in Glory, right now. I know she is out of pain, that she has a brand new body and has no more worries. What a wonderful and blessed assurance you have given us in Jesus death and resurrection. We can forever hold tight to your promises, that you will never leave us, even until the end of the age. Thank you for that Lord, thank you for the life of my Mom and what she has meant to our family. Watch over her until we meet again in Glory.

I ask this in Jesus Mighty Name,
Amen














No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments on my blog. Please leave them here and God Bless you~