Monday, August 2, 2010

God will make a way :)

The last few weeks I've been thinking a lot about God's plans for our lives. What a comfort it is to know that our Creator has a plan for each of us! Sometimes I think it's not always easy to see God's Hand upon us, but it is there, and I believe that with everything in my soul, do you?

I can honestly tell you that I haven't always understood the Lord's plans for my life. I have been very blessed in many ways with Godly parents, brothers, a wonderful husband and children, but I admit that I'll never fully comprehended why in the world I have had to physically suffer so much these past 12 years since I was diagnosed with MS. I do totally believe there is a reason, and only He knows why. Someday, when I meet Him face to face, we'll have a long talk and he can tell me the 'rest of the story' as Paul Harvey used to like to say.

Jeremiah 29:11-12 says

"For I know the plans I have for you,"declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."


As I'm getting older and looking back on my life, it is easy to see that God was working even when I didn't realize it! I think it's true that with age, comes wisdom. It's probably the Lord's way of intentionally slowing us down, and giving us time to reflect on the events that have happened to us. We begin to look at things we have done or not done, and reflect on some of the choices we have made over the years, the good and the bad.

Many of my 'early light' devotionals of late, have been about God's plans, and not interfering with them. I feel often like the Lord has pulled up a chair right beside me and says "Now, Nicki, cool it, I am the one with the master plan, NOT you. Shut up and pray, already."

It's so easy to be judgmental of other people and what they are doing or not in their lives, but we don't know their path or God's plan for them. Each person is fearfully and wonderfully made by our Creator and each person has a unique plan. Some have more ups and downs than others. Our human nature is pretty critical most of the time (I know mine is) and often we will look at someone we know or love and think "What the heck are they doing, are they crazy? They should be doing this, or they should be doing that. If they would just do what I'm thinking about, then everything would be just fine." But is that how God wants us to react? I don't think so.

Instead of being critical, try praying for someone you know or love that may be suffering or going through tough times. Maybe there is a lesson that God is trying to teach them. We don't know the big picture,only He does. Don't interfere or second guess the God of the Universe and His plans! He's the only one that knows how all the pieces of master puzzle fit together. Stay out of His way, and watch the Lord work. Because in His time, (not ours) He will always make a way for those who love Him and seek Him with all their heart.

My verse for today is from Jeremiah 29:11-12 and is listed above in red.

My prayer today:

Dearest Heavenly Father:

What a comfort it is to know that you have a plan for each of us! Thank you Lord, for loving us enough to get involved in our lives. It's so hard Lord, to see people we know and love suffer through difficult times. Help us to look up to You, knowing that You know exactly what you are doing. Help us to pray and seek your will in our lives and for the lives of all we know and love. We praise you for what we know you are going to do in your perfect timing!

In Jesus Name I pray,
Amen














No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments on my blog. Please leave them here and God Bless you~