Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Power of Prayer.....

Again this morning, the Lord woke me up early with a head full of thoughts, but the most prominent one was to thank Him for answering my prayers and the prayers of many, for my Mom. I laid in bed for a while, praying and thanking Him, then decided I need to thank everyone else too!

Mark 11:24 tells us "Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."  That is a verse that has been hanging above my computer for a few years. That is a verse that I know well. That is a verse that I believe with all my heart, and that is a verse that has happened, just as the Bible says.

My Mom has been pretty sick for about a month, beginning with a UTI and dehydration, followed up with a C-Diff infection and her kidneys shutting down. The doctors actually called us in because they said she wouldn't make it through the night and next day.

I'm in North Carolina right now and have been for the past 3 months, escaping the Florida heat. Mom's highly contagious infection and my MS and compromised immune system can't exist in the same room, so I couldn't go see her.

I was heartbroken when my brother called with that news and then I stopped and thought, "Hey, wait a minute. Those docs aren't God, they don't know when my Mom is gonna die." Only the Great Physician is the giver and taker of life."

I began to pray and reach out to my praying friends via email and Facebook, and they did not let me down. They began to pray too, sending me messages of encouragement, hope and strength to get me through this ordeal.

I got that call from my brother on October 3, a day before my birthday. It's now October 18th. Praise God, my Mom is doing so much better! Even though she's on dialysis until her kidneys are fully functioning again, the good news is they ARE functioning, something the doctors said would most likely NOT happen. She is now clear of the C-Diff infection and I am going to see her tomorrow! I am constantly reminded of something a dear friend of ours Ron Watts said to me many years ago when I was first diagnosed with MS. "Nicki, those doctors just keep on "practicing medicine", but God is still on the Throne." He is the Great Physician, not them." Thank you Ron for putting that into my ear during my time of trial, I have not forgotten it and never will.

All I can say is Thank you God; the author of life, our Creator, Jehovah Rapha, the Lord who Heals! And a big thank you to everyone who has prayed for my Mom these past 3 weeks. The Lord answered your prayers in a Mighty way, and my Mom is on the road to recovery. Mom is 84 and this illness has no doubt weakened her, but she is still with us and I will have the opportunity to see her again and tell her how much I love her. I am humbled by your ongoing prayers, love and concern, thank you friends.

As I sit here waiting for the sun to come up in these beautiful mountains of ours, I again, am reminded of the promises of our Lord - to never leave us. Matthew 28:20 says: "Surely I am with you always, even until the end of the age." What a promise that is. No one can say that but God Almighty. He won't ever leave us-- and that, my dear friends, is the gift of eternity.

                                                            Sunrise over Mt. Pisgah.
My verses for today are in red: 

My prayer for today:

Thank you Jesus for my Mom's healing. Thank you Jesus for my brothers and their vigilance in watching over Mom and Dad. Thank you for the doctors and nurses. Continue to give them wisdom and guide them in their decisions regarding Mom's care.

I ask all this in the Mighty Name of Jesus Christ, My Lord and Savior
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments on my blog. Please leave them here and God Bless you~