Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Mom's victorious journey home~

My Mom is beginning her long journey home.With her earthly life now winding down, she is surely in anticipation of the promise and hope that await her through her love of the Lord Jesus Christ.

It's been a difficult few days for me. Knowing that things were not looking good for my beloved Mom, I was still holding out some hope that she could somehow pull out of this last episode that landed her back in the hospital. But, in thinking about her life these past few years, I came to the realization that, as hard as this is, this is the way Mom would want it. She wouldn't want to linger on and make any of us go through more than we had to.

She's been suffering for years since her knee replacement. She never fully recovered from that, and has had a host of knee problems, along with arthritis and leg pain that have plagued her for the better part of the last 10 years. But Mom has endured. A few years ago, she began falling and Dad was taking care of her the best he could at home, until it got to be too much for him and with my brothers and sister in laws help, they decided reluctantly to put her in a local nursing facility where she could get the 24 hour care that she so desperately needed.

I couldn't ask for a more devoted family who have been by her side and by the side of my Dad, ever since they moved up to TN back in 1997 when they retired. As I've mentioned before, I am in awe of my brother's and sister-in-law's loyalty and devotion to my folks. What a comfort that has been for me as I've lived far away for so many, many years.

             Mom's 80th Birthday at Robert's house in S.C. May 29, 2007

                                                           I posted this pic on facebook yesterday and wanted to share it here also.  
                                                It is one of the sweet memories I have as Mom as a grandma. 

I have many wonderful memories of good times with Mom that I will treasure forever. I spent much of the day yesterday looking at old pictures, remembering our lives with Mom. As my husband and I were talking this morning and I was saying how hard my Mom's passing will be for my Dad, (they've been married 64 years) he reminded me to remember that Jesus conquered the grave! Of course, I knew that, but the reminder was just the wake up call I needed! Thank you Jesus for having those words come out of my blessed husband's mouth!

Jesus came, he lived and he died so that we don't have to fear death! Death is only a passage to a wonderful new life. Mom will be a glorious new creation in Jesus and will she ever shine. Hebrews 2:9 tells us that Jesus tasted death for all of us and through his suffering, he is now crowned with glory and honor! That is going to belong to ALL of us who believe in Jesus Christ! What an amazing thing that is!


"But we do see Jesus, who was made lower than the angels for a little while, now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone."


                                             Mom was 20 when this picture was taken in 1947. She was so beautiful~


I can just see Mom now. She'll be the bell of the ball, like she has always been. She'll be dressed to the tees, from head to toe; her hair all permed and styled just perfect. Her nails and toes will be perfectly manicured, her face will be perfect again so there won't be any need for anymore facelifts. She'll be talking and having fun, dancing around on those new legs of hers.

And jewelry? Mom has always loved jewelry! Gold, diamonds and pearls are her favorite. But when she gets to heaven, she'll be wearing real gold, real pearls and diamonds will be everywhere! What a joy that will be for my Momma. She'll be reunited with her folks, who she hasn't seen in over 40 years and her brothers. What a reunion that will be! She has so much to look forward to~ I'm so happy for her.

Thank you dear husband for reminding me of our firm foundation in the Lord Jesus Christ! Mom's new and improved life is awaiting her and she will truly have no more sorrow and no more pain! Enjoy this glorious song called Victory in Jesus! It says it all!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVQ9SgaGGXI

My verse for today is above in red.

My prayer for today:

Dear Lord Jesus:

Please hold my Momma close by your side as you gently take her home to be with you. Comfort her and take away any anxiety she may have. Wrap her in your big, loving arms and ever so sweetly pull her from  her loved ones here on this earth to her new Heavenly Home with you.

Thank you Lord for the promise of a new life for her and for all of us.

In Jesus name I pray,
Amen

1 comment:

  1. Well said Aunt Nicki. Now we really need to focus our prayers on Papa. You mentioned how hard this will be on him. It will be very tough.

    My favorite memory of Gigi is her always having Jello on the ready when I came to visit. She never missed, not once!

    I love you and will pray for you, Dad, and Uncle Bob as well asL inda and Debra. They all have been seeing this occur almost daily and it is very tough on all. Pray for their comfort.

    Matt

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments on my blog. Please leave them here and God Bless you~