Saturday, April 7, 2012

What Easter means to me~~

This year, Easter has a very special meaning for me. You see, this is the first year I've spent this special holiday without my parents. They've both gone home to be with the Lord in these past few months. I learned my love of the Lord from my parents, so I've been thinking a lot this week about what they taught me over the years.

As I think about my Mom and Dad and their passing, the Promise of Jesus' Resurrection has extra significance to me, especially this year.

Although I miss my parents terribly, I know exactly where they are. I'll always treasure the times we spent together while they were with us, but now I have tremendous comfort knowing that they are with Jesus. All of their suffering is now over!

Towards the end of their life on this earth, they were both pretty miserable. Although we were able to get them in the same room at the nursing home, they were both bedridden and they were going downhill fast. Their minds were iffy, and they would come in and out of periods of dementia. They suffered greatly, but I know they weren't afraid to go because they knew were they were going. John 14:3 says "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am." Mom and Dad believed that and they knew that when they left this earth they were going to Heaven! I miss them so, but I am also deliriously happy for them! Revelation 21:4 tells us "He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." Mom and Dad are doing just fine now, and in the future I am looking forward to our reunion in Heaven~~Praise God!



Unfortunately, for much of the world, the only thing Easter represents is bunnies, baby chicks, beautiful spring flowers, baskets filled with lots of plastic grass, filled eggs, chocolate, jelly beans and other goodies. It is their celebration of family and friends with Easter Egg hunts, coloring Easter Eggs and then hiding them in the yard for the little ones to find. It's about a beautifully decorated dining room table and big Easter dinners with ham, deviled eggs and other delicacies to be enjoyed. 





Don't get me wrong. I LOVE all the festivities 
of Easter myself. We've had our share of those Easter Celebrations
 when our kids were young. It's so much fun to watch children hunt 
around and then delight at each goody in their baskets. 
We would always take our kids to various egg hunts 
and watch their faces beam with delight at each new discovery. 
That's all great fun, But there has to be more, right?  
Well, Praise God, there is a lot more!


A beautiful Easter Table for family and friends are lovely~
But, is this all there is to an Easter Celebration

All of these delightful things are not what Easter is really about. There are just part of the story as Paul Harvey used to say.
Easter is about Jesus Resurrection from the dead! It's about God raising Him from the dead, after He was brutally crucified and died in front of a crowd of onlookers. It's about the promise of God to do exactly what He said He would do. 


John 3:16 says "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." Easter is God keeping that Promise to mankind. It's about new life; Jesus new life, and God keeping His promise for us to live with Him in Paradise. All you have to do is believe on the Lord Jesus Christ Jesus, repent of your sins, turn from your old ways and He will give you new life! Jesus has conquered death and the grave! Matthew 28:1-8 tells of Jesus Resurrection:

"Now after the Sabbath, toward the dawn of the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to see the tomb.  And behold, there was a great earthquake, for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven and came and rolled back the stone and sat on it. His appearance was like lightning, and his clothing white as snow. And for fear of him the guards trembled and became like dead men. But the angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified.  He is not here, for he has risen, as he said. Come, see the place where he lay. Then go quickly and tell his disciples that he has risen from the dead, and behold, he is going before you to Galilee; there you will see him. See, I have told you.” So they departed quickly from the tomb with fear and great joy, and ran to tell his disciples." 
                                  
THE TOMB IS EMPTY! Our Lord has Risen, just as He said. The world is right again. My parents are healthy and happy once again and joyfully spending time with our Lord! They are just as I remember them, years ago,when they were vibrant. God is SO good. He loves us so much that He sent his one and only Son to earth to die for us. He wanted to be reconciled back to us so we could live with Him forever.Thank you Heavenly Father for your unfathomable Love and Thank you Jesus for your incredible sacrifice! What a Gift!



Happy Easter Everyone~ He is Risen, Indeed!!

When you wake up tomorrow morning, I hope you're able to go to church to celebrate Jesus Resurrection! If you can't, I pray you can take time to thank God for His wonderful plan of Salvation and His son's unbelievable sacrifice for and me~~

My verses for today are above in red.

My prayer for today:

What a glorious day Easter is! Thank you Heavenly Father that you loved us enough to want to be with us in eternity. Thank you for your perfect plan of redemption through your Son. Help us to go forth and tell the world about your marvelous love. We live a blessed life~

I pray this with a thankful heart in Jesus name,
Amen and Amen







2 comments:

  1. Hi! Love your blog! I'm following you now and look forward to getting to know you better.

    Tina 'the book lady'
    http://familyliteracy2.blogspot.com
    http://givingnsharing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello all, here every one is sharing these familiarity, thus it's pleasant
    to read this weblog, and I used to go to see this web site every day.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments on my blog. Please leave them here and God Bless you~