Saturday, April 17, 2010

Are you there God?

God, are you there? Our youngest is suffering and hurting because of the loss of his friend. He does not know how to handle this loss, so he is lashing out at his parents. He is rightfully upset, because it's looking like it was a totally unnecessary tragedy. The kids were playing a prank at 1 am in the morning, drunk, coming home from the bar and ringing on doorbells. They rang on the doorbell of a Sarasota County deputy, and he got in his car and went out to find them. After an altercation and calling for backup and confusion, a gun went off and a kid is dead. Alot of people in the neighborhood are up in arms about what happened, saying this young man, was a great kid, and the young people are devastated. They held a candlelight vigil at the beach last night to remember this sweet soul. I know you are there God, I know you are crying right along with these kids. Touch their hearts, comfort and calm them, bring them your peace, which surpasses all human understanding.

Today's verse: Matthew 11:28-31

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart and you will find rest for your souls."

My Prayer for today:

Please Lord Jesus, bring some peace to these kids right now. Don't let them try to take the law into their own hands. They are angry and scared and wondering what's the point of life? Holy Spirit, be their light, lead them out of their darkness. Be with them, surrounded them with your loving arms of comfort.

In Jesus Name I pray, AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments on my blog. Please leave them here and God Bless you~