Friday, April 16, 2010

Pain and suffering

Okay, Day number ONE of Godwatch 365! Here we go on this incredible journey. I am going to be keeping track of everything that God has been doing in my life, and in the lives of my family and friends. This is the day after my MS interferon shot, so I'm still a bit down, but I do want to post a tragic event that happened in my younger son's life. He lost a friend of his from high school, and he is reeling. It's been awful day for him. I have been praying for this boy's family and friends, and my prayer is that God will use this terrible tragedy to change lives. You see, my younger son just recently accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior, and I am praying that this awful thing will not rock his faith, that he will be able to see God at work through these next hard days. Unfortunately, He lost another friend a few weeks ago to a drug overdose. Life is SO messy, and unfortunately, he is just beginning to see how tough it can really be.

My verse for today is from Matthew 5:4
"Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted."

My prayer for today:
Please Lord, comfort this young man's family and these young people who have now, no doubt, come face to face with their own mortality. Let them see you, not the tragedy, keep them safe and protected.

In Jesus Name I pray,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments on my blog. Please leave them here and God Bless you~