Saturday, May 22, 2010

Safe in my Shepherd's Arms :)

What makes you feel safe and secure?

Is it money in the bank, or a successful career? How about a solid and happy marriage with the one you love or a nice new car to drive around in? Does coming home to a gorgeous house in a safe neighborhood make you feel safe? Or big dogs that are trained to protect you and your family? Maybe's it's tucking in your children at night, or spending a relaxing evening at home with family and friends. Or maybe it's feeling good and secure about yourself. You are healthy and happy, and you are living each day of your life the best you know how. Everything is status quo, and life is good, right?

But what happens when something tragic happens in your life? Where do you get your security at that point? Will your bank account, or successful career help you if you are diagnosed with a serious illness? Will your big house with all your beautiful furnishings give you peace in the midst of a deep valley in your life? What will you do, God forbid, if something happens to one of your children? I think that is a parent's worst nightmare, and I know from being a Mom that some of my toughest moments in life have come in my parenting years. What happens if your marriage suddenly falls apart? Where will you go, what will you do?

During the rough patches in my life, I turn to the Lord. When I am broken, and hopeless, I know only He can give security and peace. When I feel there is no way out, Jesus knows the way. His footprints are walking right along side me, and even carrying me, all the way. There are always down times in life, right? Our lives are like a roller coaster, up and down, peaks and valleys. Nobody can fly high all the time, and I believe that God doesn't want us to. When we need Him most is when I realize we can't do it on our own. He is patiently waiting on the side lines just watching us and hoping we reach out to Him, especially in our times of need.

I have been a follower of Jesus for many years. The great thing about my ongoing relationship with Him is I don't have to wait to enjoy the safety and security that He brings everyday.

Living with MS is not for the faint of heart. It is not an easy road. If anyone had told me 10 years ago, that MS would taken me where it has, I would have never have believed them. There are good days and bad, but as the disease progresses, the good days are fewer and farther apart.

So each morning, I put my trust and my hope in my Creator. He meets me where I am. He knows my needs. Through meditation and prayer daily, I am lifted up above my physically disabilities, looking to see what I can do for Him each day. I am outside of myself, hoping to bring Glory to Him. Some days it's not easy at all, but I still try and I am thankful for each breath He gives.

I am safe and secure in my Savior's Arms. I have been reading the 23rd Psalm today about the Lord being my Sheperd. Jesus really is my Sheperd, and He gives me abundant peace. and that peace is available to all who humbly come to Him. I pray you can find that peace soon.

My verse for today is from Matthew 11:28

"Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens and I will give you rest."

My prayer today:

Heavenly Father,

Thank you for this blessed time I am having in Your beautiful mountains. I feel so refreshed and renewed up here and even closer to You. Thank you for my dear friend Michelle, who agreed to come up here to stay with me. Thank you for opening her heart to do that. I pray for everyone that may be carrying heavy burdens today. You know what their problems are, and I pray that you will meet them where they are, right now, and comfort them and give them peace.

In Jesus Name I pray,
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments on my blog. Please leave them here and God Bless you~