Sunday, June 20, 2010

Can you forgive?

Forgiveness is at the very foundation of our Christian faith. God forgave us our sins through his Son Jesus Christ, and we are to forgive others for their transgressions.

So why is it often so hard for some people to forgive, or why do we perceive it hard for others to forgive us or someone we love? For me, forgiveness has always seemed to come easily, probably because of my general attitude about life.

I know deep in my soul that I am a dreadful sinner, and yet Jesus has forgiven me. He continues to love me and reach out to me, even tho I sin again and again, each and every day of my life. That is unconditional love, and that is how God wants us to live our life also.

My thought is this: If I say to God, "No Lord - I will not forgive them, they've hurt me too bad, or I've been hurt too many times. I've tried, but I can't find it inside myself to forgive them. What's the point, they'll just hurt me again, and I can't take it anymore."

How much audacity does that show? To tell my Creator, the God of this Universe, that I cannot find it in my heart to let it go and to forgive someone, after God forgives me again and again every day. If I do that I almost feel like I'm giving the Lord God Almighty the middle finger and I do not ever want to do that, not ever. I want to live in harmony and peace with God, my Creator and the author of all life. He made us all and He loves us all.

Think for a minute about how God feels? Can you imagine how discouraged He is with all his children here on earth? Talk about rebellion. We are the most rebellious children ever, no doubt living in the most rebellious time since Jesus was born over 2,000 years ago. Yet, if we repent, and come humbly to him, He forgives us. Talk about unconditional love. We sin, over and over, and He forgives, over and over again. Doesn't that just blow your mind? It sure does mine.

The Bible clearly tell us that it is not our place to judge others, only God Almighty has the right to judge; not us. Everyone of us will have to stand in front of our Heavenly Father and account for every action in our life.

And that is where Jesus comes in. If you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, He stands in the gap and becomes the bridge between you and God. He stands up and says." This one belongs to us; this one is forgiven for his sins, because has accepted me as Lord and Savior. He accepted that I died for his sins, so that we might forgive him and he will live with us in paradise. This one's name is written in the book of life.

What a relief and what a thanksgiving for all of us who trust Jesus as our Savior. I am so happy that He loves me so much that if I trust in Him, He will take care of all the rest and give me a reason to open my eyes each day and go on.

This life is tough. In time, things inevitably go wrong. We can really screw things up for ourselves and sometimes, it seems we can't dig ourselves out. But we can, with Jesus' help. If you need forgiveness, go to Jesus! If you need help forgiving someone, go to Jesus. Ask Jesus to help you and He will be there :) He will always be there in love. He will set you free!

My verses for today are from Mark 11:24-25 and the Lord's Prayer from Matthew 6:9

"There I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it and it will be yours. And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in Heaven may forgive you for your sins."

"Our father, who art in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come, your will be done. on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, forgive our trespasses and we forgive those who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, for thine is the Kingdom, the Power and the Glory forever. Amen

My prayer for today:

Holy God,

I am a sinner. Thank you for Jesus, who stands in the gap for me. Help me to forgive those who trespass against me. That's not always easy Lord, but that is what you want me to do. Give me the strength to forgive those who have hurt me. Give me the strength to forgive as you forgive me, day after day.

In Jesus Name I pray,

Amen and Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments on my blog. Please leave them here and God Bless you~