Saturday, June 26, 2010

Who rescues you from the storms of life?

Where do you go when the storms of life come? They come, for all of us at some time or another. Life seems to be moving along just fine, and then all of a sudden, SMACK! It's like a left hook right to the jaw :(

Someone close to you passes away, you lose your job, your marriage breaks up, your house goes into foreclosure, your child makes a very bad decision in life and now has to pay the hard consequences, a natural disaster strikes and you are without your home or everything you own, you get a bad report from the doctor, your child is very ill, and the list goes on forever because this life we journey we call life is very messy, right?

When I feel overtaken by the events happening in my life; like right now, I look UP! I need His tender touch to uplift my spirit. I need prayers from all my friends and family. There are a thousand things that can happen to any of us in the course of 24 hours and for me, my refuge is always my God; my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Because when it's all said and done, He is the only one you can really count on in this life. He formed you in your mother's womb, he knows everything about you and all your fears and the tears you cry. Everyone in your life can disappoint and let you down, but Jesus will always be right by your side, right there to ease your pain.

Can you see God's light shining through the storms of your life?

My verse for today is from Matthew 28:20

"For surely I am with you always, even unto the very end of the age."

My prayer for today:

Lord God:

You know what is in my heart. You know the pain that our family is going through. Please be with us all, pull us together instead of tearing us apart. Help us to remember that our lives are in your hands. Help me to be strong in Your words, Your assurances and Your promises. We are a Christian family and we belong to you. Thank you Lord for your Salvation.

In Jesus Name I pray,
Amen

1 comment:

  1. God is our refuge and strength and He is your refuge and strength. Thank you for sharing your heart and your love for Jesus! I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments on my blog. Please leave them here and God Bless you~