Friday, September 16, 2011

Fulfilling my purpose in life~~

As I sit here on a Friday night, I've been thinking about why I began blogging in the first place: My number one reason was I wanted to be obedient to God and to fulfill my purpose in life, which is living for Him. I felt the Lord start pulling at me to begin writing and so I did. Living with a chronic disease like MS can bring you down, and it helps to reach out to others. I knew that the Lord wanted me to use my belief in Him and my faith in Him to help myself and others too. Believe me, I was a bit worried about finding the right words to say, but I knew that with the Lord's help, I could overcome any trepidation about it and I quickly did. I prayed for Him to lead the way, and naturally, He has not let me down.

I've been pretty amazed at the response to my writing. Although my site says I only have 9 followers (or 9 that will admit to following a blog about faith --because you can follow anonymously), I've had over 4,200 hits on my different posts! Those are the ones I know about. Who knows where my blogs have been shared with others? You can do anything on the internet these days and share anything you want with anyone you want.

And the other thing that really got me excites me is where the hits came from. Of course, most of my followers are from the U.S., Canada and the U.K.-- primarily Christian believing, Anglican areas of the world, but there have also been a number of people following me from South Korea, India, the Netherlands, South Africa, Russia, China and followers from the middle east, including Iran, Afghanistan, Egypt and Qatar and others. Isn't technology awesome? I can actually see who is reading and from where and actually it will even tell me how they view it, ie, on Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, etc. via computer or on an IPhone, Android, Ipad, etc. It will almost tell me everything except the color of their eyes :) hehe

Through my blog and being able to post it on social media site like Facebook, Twitter and Google Buzz-I've been able to take the Lord's message all over the world. Of course, that shouldn't surprise me because there are evangelists everywhere using social media to spread the God's Word, with millions of blogs and websites to help others learn about God. But when I realized that "little ole me" could affect the thoughts of people on the other side of world with totally different beliefs from mine, that was a humbling thought. Could I help teach them about Jesus' amazing love through my simple words? WOW~ is all I can say. What more could I ever ask for in life? To be able to change someone else's life, to perhaps change their eternal destiny?

That really touched my heart and admittedly I am a bit overwhelmed by it. It's a big responsibility too, or at least I see it that way. I want people to see Jesus through me. I want to live for Him and wear that on my sleeve and in my words and actions. You never know what's going on in someone else's life and how the Lord can touch someone else through you.

For me, that's why it's so important to keep on task. It's easy to get pulled off course. The world pulls at you, that is a fact and that is indisputable, right? But, I've had the luxury of spending a lot of time alone this summer, and believe me, I know that IS a luxury. I am blessed to have a hard working dedicated husband that is carrying the load. I've been up here in the mountains, staying cool and comfortable, away from the heat of Florida, which is a blessing, but I've also been alone quite a bit of the time. It's not always easy to be by yourself, but it does help you to gather your thoughts and focus in on what's important to you.

Being surrounded by God's beauty at every turn, like I have been for the past few months, has helped me focus in on what's really important to me--and that is the Lord and my family. I feel blessed to be able to fulfill my purpose each day and I hope that I can bring God glory in the process. I hope all those reading me out there will continue to enjoy my words. I'd love to have more comments, I truly enjoy all of them, please don't be shy, I'd love to hear from you. I'm learning more about this blogging thing each day and have actually learned how to post the comments now! Hang with me friends :) and God Bless you~


                                         Two beautiful images from God's beautiful NC mountains

                                           
My verse for today is from Ephesians: 2:1


"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."

My prayer for today:


Dear Heavenly Father:


Thank you for this day. Thank you for this sanctuary in the mountains. I am blessed to be able to spend time up here, closer to you. Thank you for the internet and the way you are using it to reach others for you. Help me to continue to be a part of that ministry in my small way and bring you glory in the process.


In Jesus Name I pray,
Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments on my blog. Please leave them here and God Bless you~