Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pray without Ceasing~

"Pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." 
1 Thessalonians 5:17-18

When I read my devotionals each morning, sometimes I like to skip around. I don't always necessary do the devotional marked for each particular day, rather reading them out of order or reading even two, three or more a day from one devotional and then the same amount from another. But today, every passage I read came back to this one truth ~~Pray without Ceasing!



Praying and giving thanks in all circumstances is a tall order for all of us, friends, but one that we are commanded to do! I know it's awfully hard for me. Giving thanks when everything in our lives is going in the wrong direction? Can that be right? Why in the world would God Almighty want us to do something like that in the first place? I think I might have an idea that is on His track.

When we give thanks, even though things seem to be falling apart in our lives, we are acknowledging God's ownership over that situation, knowing that He can handle the problem and that everything will be alright. We are saying "Lord, I know that everything is bad right now, but I am believing that things will turn around in your perfect time, and I am thanking you for what you are going to do, even before you do it!"



That is still a tough one for us humans to do tho, because we want to control everything around us and think by rushing ahead, we can solve the problem right now--way ahead of when God has time to do it. After all, we think, He's got a lot to handle and He couldn't possibly have time or be interested in this thing that I am facing right now, right?

WRONG~ Luke 12:17 says "Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows." If God cares about the numbers of hair on your head, than He cares about every little thing that happens to you. He CAN take care of that problem for you, you just need to pray and ask for His guidance. Don't be so proud! Reach out to Him~pray about your problem, giving thanks for all the good things in your life and asking Him to help you. He will be there, but you have to seek Him. He's not going to come to you and beg you to trust him, it just doesn't work like that. The Bible even states that we don't come to Him and ask Him like we should. Listen to this powerful verse:


John 16:24 tells us "Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete."


Does our Creator know us or what? We're so proud, we think we can do everything ourselves without the help of anybody, especially Him. But that is not how the Lord wants us to act before Him. The Lord wants us to be humble. James 4:6 says "Humble yourself in the sight of the Lord and He will lift you up."


So, if you have a problem you are facing, like I am right now, look up to God Almighty! Thank Him for all your many blessings and acknowledge His ownership over your problem and pray, pray, pray Pray without ceasing for whatever is going on in your life, claiming the Lord's intervention on your behalf, trusting and believing that His answer will come in His perfect time. It may not be the answer that you wanted, but it will be the answer that He knows is best suited for you in your life right now. Trust Him, knowing that the Creator of the Universe can easily handle your little problem!


                                                               The Lord is my Shepherd © Simon Dewey


                                       The Lord hears our prayers and answers our needs.


My verses for today are above in red.


My prayer for today:


Lord Jesus:
Thank you that we can come to you about each little challenge we face each day. Thank you that you want to be involved in our lives. Thank you Lord for all my many blessings. I have so many and I know they all come from you. Help me to turn everything over to you Lord, knowing that you have the solution and it will come about in your perfect time. Give me the patience I need to wait on your perfect answer and to be at peace with your decision regardless of what it is. Thank you Lord that you love me so much.


In Jesus Name I pray,
Amen


























No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments on my blog. Please leave them here and God Bless you~