Monday, May 31, 2010

An Attitude of Gratitude!

Today is Memorial Day, 2010 and I am feeling moved to write about how grateful I feel about all the blessings in my life. I have much to be thankful for because the Lord has bestowed tremendous blessings on me and my family.

The Bible tell us to give thanks in "everything." That is not always easy, and often seems almost impossible, but as followers of Jesus, we are commanded to do what the Word of God instructs us to do. That can seem like a pretty tall order on most days, especially with all the craziness of this world we live in.

I talked to my Dad yesterday and I can say happily that it is the best he has sounded since he got sick over 3 1/2 months ago. He was engaging in conversation, asking alot of questions and seemed to be interested in something other than how we was feeling for the first time since his sickness began in February. That is an answered prayer, no doubt in my mind about that! I thank my Mom and especially my Dad for instilling in me the deep love of Jesus I feel in my heart at a young age. I went through the usual rebellion of young adulthood, not thinking I needed the Lord, but as soon as we had children, I knew I wanted them to grow up with something to hold onto in life, other than themselves. My prayer is that my kids will recognize and acknowledge the Lord in their life earlier than I did, because I know how much it can help them get through the ups and downs they will inevivitably endure.

I am grateful to God that my parents are both with us. My Mom is now in a nursing home, but adjusting well. She will be even better when Dad returns to the same home after the hospital releases him, which should be today or tomorrow. They have been married 62 1/2 years and naturally feel lost without each other. What a blessing to still have my parents at this late age in life. I know alot of my friends who lost their folks many years ago, and I know that I am very fortunate to have them.

I am grateful for my brothers, who have always dilegently watched over my folks. They have both been so devoted to them, and I am so fortunate to have them so close by and being able to handle everything. I physically couldn't do it, so what a "God Thing" that they are right there where they are at this time in their lives. That you for my sister-in-laws and their devotion to my parents. Thank you for the blessing of having all my family living so close by my parents these past years.

I am especially thankful for my faithful and loving husband of 32 years, who has been by my side without falter for the duration. He was absolutely a gift from God, and I will never cease thanking God each day for him.

I am thankful for my sons. That they are both healthy and safe. As I have been watching the news tonight and seen the many grieving mothers and fathers going to the graves of their children at Arlington National Cemetary, I am especially thankful that my kids are both alive and well. Their young lives are now out of our hands and in the most capable Hands of the Almighty God. Thank you Jesus for my imperfect life and my imperfect, but lovable family, who you have given me to watch over, to encourage, to stand by and to love, whatever the case. Give me the strength to do Your Will each day.

I am thankful for my generous friends, who are always so loving and so giving to me. The Lord has really blessed me with alot of love from many sources, and I will be forever grateful.

I am very thankful that I live in this free country of ours, and I am so grateful for those who answer the call to serve, often sacrificing their all so that we can live and worship our Lord without persecution. That is not always the case in many places in this world, but Thank you Jesus, that is the case in this great nation of ours. Many have died to protect our freedoms and I thank all of them from the bottom of my heart.

As a nation, we have SO MUCH to be thankful for. Please take the time today to thank the Lord for the many blessings in your life. Everything we have comes by the Hand of God. He made us, and He in in charge of ALL. Thank you Lord, that we can come to you with every thankgiving, with every detail and every problem we have in life. Help us to be patient in waiting on you to answer our prayers. You know our needs, and you know everything about us, right down to every hair on our heads. Your Kingdom Come, Your will be Done, on earth as it is in Heaven.

My verse for today is from Ephesians 15:19

"Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."

My prayer for today:

Thank you Jesus for my life and the for the lives that touch mine each day. Thank you for putting certain people in my path to lighten my load. Thank you for my right to worship You, freely each day without persecution. Watch over those who protect and serve this great country of ours. Keep them safe, bring them home to their families. Be with the Moms and Dads, wives and husbands who grieve the loss of their loved ones on this holiday. Let them find comfort in Your Loving arms.

In Jesus Name I pray,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments on my blog. Please leave them here and God Bless you~