Friday, June 4, 2010

The Peace of God

We all go through dark times or valleys in our life. But, how we handle those low points says alot about how we are as people and the happiness or lack of happiness in our lives. How do you seek the peace of God?

The book of Ephesians, chapter 6, 10-17 clearly tell us that our struggles in this world are not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, the authorities and powers of this dark world and the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Kinda sounds like Darth Vader, doesn't it? But I believe that is exactly what we are facing each day.

We can choose to live our lives in the darkness or in the light. We all stumble, we all fall and need help. When I am having a down day, maybe feeling sorry for myself, letting my sickness get the best of me, or letting the problems in my life overwhelm me, I try to stop and say a few prayers and ask God to help me re-focus. Then, I put on some Praise Music. That will always turn my thoughts away from me and my problems, and towards the God of the Universe, the one that can always give me peace and happiness.

Try it once. Take a moment to turn your thoughts away from the problem that is consuming you: maybe it's something at work, or problems at home with your spouse or kids, or with your finances, or anything that has you feeling like the weight of the world is on your shoulders ---- turn off the the TV, the internet, the things of this world, and totally focus your thoughts onto the things of God for a moment. Rejoice in Him. Thank Him for everything you have. Read a few verses in the Bible, put on some uplifting Praise music and take a moment to think of everything that is good in your life. I think you will be humbled and thankful once again.

It's so easy to complain about the situations in our life and so quick to miss God's many blessings that are right in front of our eyes. I choose to live in the light. I choose to look for God inside everything that happens in my life, good and bad, because I know He is there. There have been so many situations in my life that I can look back on now, and at the time I was thinking, "Where are you God?" but now. year later, I can see His Hand guiding me through all the thickets and forests that seemed to overwhelm me at the time.

If you are going through a rough patch, I suggest you look up to God instead of inside yourself. We are weak, but He is Strong! Your answers will become much clearer and your peace will grow, if you give over all your problems to the One that created you, the One that is longing for you to come home to Him. Have a blessed weekend everyone!

My verse today is from Phillippians 4:2-7

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again, Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, and with thanksgiving, present you requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard you hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

My prayer for today:

Dear Lord Jesus:

Help me to always seek Your light and look for the blessings in my life. Help me to seek Your Face in all things and in all ways. Thank you Lord for the many blessings in my life.

In Jesus Name I pray,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments on my blog. Please leave them here and God Bless you~