Sunday, May 30, 2010

Here I am, Lord

Do you know the wonderful hymn, Here I am, Lord? I cannot sing that song through without the Holy Spirit working in my heart.

Do you ever feel like God is talking directly to you? You may be listening to the radio and a song will come on that touches your heart, or you could be talking with someone and you feel God's prompting. Maybe you are sitting in church and the music and the sermon seem to hit a particular chord deep in your soul. Sometimes you feel like the pastor is talking directly to you and no one else in the church. How can that be?

However the Sovereign God of the Universe trys to gets our attention, I think He trys often because He loves us and wants us to have the best in life. But, do we stay still long enough to hear Him?

Friday night, Michelle and I attended a Christian gospel concert in Maggie Valley. It was a wonderful evening for us, and I think we both felt the Hand of God working through the groups that performed. The backup group's name was "Standing Still." I was thinking about that, and asking myself the question. "How often do I stand still before God, so I can listen to what He has to say to me?"

This morning we listened to Dr. Charles Stanley's message and it was a powerful one about serving God. He talked about each of us coming to the end of our lives and looking back on how we lived. Did we live for God? Did we serve the purpose that God had in mind for us, or did we just fill out lives with stuff...going here, going there, raising kids, paying bills, going to work each day, going on vacations, watching TV, going to events, etc., etc.

But, did we make an impact for the Kingdom of God during our short stay here on this earth? Did we tell someone about Jesus and his plan of salvation and about His forgiving and unending love for us? Did we open up the Kingdom of Heaven to one lost soul?

Dr. Stanley talked about how many college students can go through 4 years of college and have no idea what they want to do with their lives, but have they stopped to ask their Creator, through prayer, for His direction and His purpose for their lives? He made this Universe and each one of us. How often to we "Stand Still," slow down and listen to His Voice? We get busy with the details of life, that is a fact and we all know it, but what can we do about it?

I look at my life and realize that at this point, it's probably more than half over. I want to spend each day I have, each breath I take, honoring God. Not always easy, because I am a sinner, but it is definitely a goal I have. Today, I hear you loud and clear Lord. You've hit me over the head twice in one weekend. Sometimes I just need a swift kick in the pants so I can sit up and listen to my Creator. This time, I got two :)

So, today, on the Lord's day, I want to say to You... Here I am, Lord. Take each day I have for the remainder of my short life and use me for your good purposes. Help me to turn away from the things of this world, and back to you.

My verse for today is from Romans 8:28


"And we know that in all good things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called to His purposes."


My Prayer for today:

Heavenly Father,

I love you Lord. Today I recommit myself to You. Use me Lord, for your good purposes. Equip me and enable me to spend my remaining days serving You. Help me to be your shining light in this dark world. Help me to live my life each day in a Godly Way, so that everyone around me, can see You through me. Thank you for my life. Thank you for my wonderful husband and children. Thank you for everyone you have put in my life and the new friends you put in my path. Help me to reach out to them each day in new ways in Your Holy Name.

In Jesus Name I pray,


Amen








No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments on my blog. Please leave them here and God Bless you~