Sunday, May 2, 2010

Let your light shine before everyone!

Today is the Sabbath. A wonderful day of relaxation and renewal :) I love going to church on Sunday mornings, and even though it is starting to be warm outside and it's tough on me physically, I'm going anyway, cause there is no where else I would rather be. I don't care if I'm down for the day, it's totally worth it! I feel warm in my heart when I go to the place where I feel God meets me at the door. Church is God's house, and our church is a warm and friendly place, filled with a lot of love from people we've known for many years and have prayed us through many situations in life along with some terrific new friends too.

The pastor's message today was simple but so important for me to hear. If you are a Christian, and you are born-again in Jesus Christ, all things are new. The old things are put away, and everything is new! Remember that, always!

We are to provide glimpses of the "kingdom of heaven" to a fallen world. Yikes, that is alot of responsibility to have, but that is what God wants us to aspire to. He wants us to break away from the patterns of this world, and shine before all people. Pastor said that Jesus is the light, and we are the mirrors reflecting the Glory of Jesus to a broken world. Doesn't that sound awesome? I sure take that seriously, and every morning when I wake up, that is my prayer.

I want to let my light shine before all people. Do you remember that Sunday school song about letting your light shine?

This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine, This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine, Not gonna hide it under a bush, I'm gonna let it shine Not gonna let it be blown out, I'm gonna let it shine, Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine :)
My verse for today is from Romans 12:2

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind...

My prayer for today:

Dear Lord Jesus

What a wonderful Sabbath day today. Thank you for Christian friends and answered prayers. Help me Lord, to always let my light shine before all men. Help me to be thankful in all situations, regardless of the outcome which is not all ways easy to do. Give me faith in your Providential Plan.

In Jesus Name I pray,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments on my blog. Please leave them here and God Bless you~