Friday, May 7, 2010

Yes, God is alive and well in the USA :)

Today I attended the First Ladies Prayer Brunch in Tampa. I've have gone many times over the last 10 years and I love it. The brunch (this year is the 18th year) commemorates our National Day of Prayer, and this year's theme was "Prayer for Such a Time as This."

The morning is always an uplifting one, with wonderful speakers, prayers and Christian music. Today, there were prayers for our President, Vice President, and other important leaders in our country. We prayed for everyone in our military, and for God's protection over all in harm's way. We prayed for the media that influences so many of us, we prayed for local officials, we prayed for our families and our children. We were soaked in prayer and it was awesome!

For me, this year was was especially meaningful because the Keynote Speaker was Fern Nichols, the founder and President of Moms in Touch, International. If you don't know about that organization, let me tell you a little bit about it. MITI was started when Fern's two sons were about to enter middle school. As a Christian Mom, she was concerned that school would become a battlefield for their hearts and minds. She prayed "Lord, there must be just one other Mom, who would pray with me." God answered her prayer and the powerful prayer group Moms in Touch was born. Today, tens of thousands of women gather in all 50 states and over 120 countries around the world to pray for their children and their schools. Fern is now heading Grandma's in Touch, and continues to speak and talk about God's love and the power of prayer and the impact of those prayers in the lives of our children. She is such a Godly woman!

If you have children, do you pray for them? I have two sons, who are grown, but I still pray for them everyday. I pray for God's protection over them. I pray for wisdom for them, I pray for Godly decisions to rule their lives. The pull of this world is a difficult thing. Our kids are growing up in a very different world than we did. Everything, and I mean everything, is available, almost instantly, to them. It's not all good, actually, very little is good. I pray our kids can see my husband and I live our lives in a Godly manner so we can be a good witness to them and to the world.

Is it easy???Heck no, does Satan want to pull us down and tear us apart, and want to get in the middle of anything that is good and righteous and of God. YES! Does he win? Not on my watch...
I won't let him and long as there is breathe in my body. I will keep praying for everyone I hold dear, especially my husband and my two boys and the rest of my family I love so much.

After today's meeting I convicted again of praying together with other women for my family, especially my kids. My problem is that I don't drive anymore because I have little to no feeling in my right leg, and couldn't pass the hand control cognitive test :) Bummer.

But, God has provided a way, and I didn't even realize it until tonight. I have been communicating with friends through Facebook, and through this blog. Praise God!
Of course, The Creator of the Universe has provided for me - it makes perfect sense, I just had to stay still and Know that He is GOD!! It was staring me right in the face the whole time. I was doing it and it was happening and I wasn't even realizing it! DUH!!

Through this blog, and my facebook contacts I have been reaching out to old friends and new, praying for them for different needs and often for their kids too~ I've been praying for them, and I just needed to ask all them to pray for my needs too!

So.....here we go. Please friends, lift up my family and ask for God's protection over them. If you would like to send me a personal email, my address is NSWatts78@aol.com. I would love to hear from you and become your Moms in Touch Facebook/blog friend.

Have a blessed weekend friends. Our God is so GOOD, all the time!

My verse for today is from the prayer brunch: Nahum 1:7

" The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in Him."

My prayer for today:

Lord Jesus:

Thank you Lord, for this awesome day with good friends and the opportunity to be surrounded with a hundreds of Godly women, all praying for our Nation and our children. Thank you for Fern Nichols and her wonderful ministry and the lives that she has touched for You. Thank you that we can still gather in this Country and pray openly for our needs as a Nation and the needs is our community and families.

Thank you for Godly counsel and for the Christian love I felt all day today. Help me Lord, to reach out to everyone each day in your Name.

In Jesus blessed Name I pray,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments on my blog. Please leave them here and God Bless you~