Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I see God moving,,,slowly, but surely

A beautiful day today and I have so much to be thankful for. The Bible tell us to be thankful in all things, not always easy, but that's something to shoot for each morning. Many scriptures lead us to be thankful, and thankful I am. Our youngest has been struggling for many years with some issues, and I am grateful for the things that are happening in his life. The very first thing is accepting Jesus as his Lord and Savior a few weeks ago, and now it looks like because of some recent incidents that have occurred, he is finally willing to open up about some things and get the help he needs. Needless to say, both his Dad and I are glowing and so thankful to the Lord. Be with him Lord, continue to open his heart to you and the people who love him most.
It's hard raising kids these days. I'm sure if you have any, you know what I'm talking about. They are growing up in a very different world than the one we grew up in.

It hasn't been easy for my kids or on my husband with me being sick. Even after my diagnosis 12 years ago, I thought I could "beat"MS, it couldn't get me down or slow me down. Boy was I wrong about that one. One thing God has taught me through all this is to slow down. I had to, I had no choice. With MS, the fatigue comes on you, it's like something you've never felt, it's not a " boy I'm alittle tired today, it's like "if I don't lay down for a while I'm going to fall over on the floor, right now." One thing I've learned is to slow down and be still, slow down and seek His wisdom in all things. I have had a tremendous amount of guilt about being sick, but have come to peace with the fact that it isn't my fault. I did nothing to get this disease. When I was diagnosed in 1998, I was running a very successful international art publishing company, starting up a new Christian Division of the company. I was an active Mom and wife, always busy, going places, doing things, having fun, and basically having the time of my life with my husband, my family and my job. My boys were 13 and 8 at the time of my dx. Going away on vacations and weekends with my husband, going to my kids basketball, baseball and footballs games, cooking dinners, going for walks and to the YMCA. basically anything I wanted to when I wanted to do it. All the things that many families do everyday and don't think a thing about it.

Slowly, everything has been taking away from me piece by piece I have a totally new life now, but that's ok. Ok, because thankfully my children are grown now, ok because now that I'm older I can see what's really important in life. If anyone had told me 15 years ago, that I would have this kind of life now, I would have told them "you're crazy." But that's how life is. Sometimes you get thrown curve balls, and you can either catch em and move on or you can fall apart, be bitter and play the poor little me routine. Well, NOT ME, NOT EVER. I really think that I have this disease for a reason, and I am hoping that I can be a witness for Him, so I can show everyone that you can be happy, even in the midst of pain. And I am grateful that God has given me the strength to see the good in life, to be thankful for what I have, a very loving and devoted husband and father to my sons and two very wonderful, caring sons. It could be a LOT worse. I have tremendous friends and family who are a great source of strength for me. They help me so much in many ways they don't even know and I will be grateful till my last breath.

So I ask you today, my blog readers, what do you have to be thankful for today? Are you looking at the glass as half empty or half full each day? We all have things to deal with during our time on earth. My cross is MS, yours might be quite different, but we all have something we have to bear in this life. Talk to me, please. Email me, comment back, tell me about your life. I pray you will join my journey and tell me what's happening in your own life and how you can see the Hand of God move in the circumstances around you. He is there, believe me, you just have to look for Him. Have a blessed evening everyone :)

Today's Scripture is from Philippians 4:4

"Rejoice in the Lord, always, I will say it again, Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition and with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard you heart and your minds in Christ Jesus."

My prayer for today:

I am thankful Lord. Thankful for the many blessings you give each day. Thankful that you open my eyes each morning with a glad heart. Help me Lord to be a beacon of your love in this life. Give me the strength each day to use my gifts to glorify you. Thank you for this blog and the people that are engaging each day. Open the hearts of more people to seek your face.

In Jesus Name I pray, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments on my blog. Please leave them here and God Bless you~