Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Thanks and prayers needed for the kids

Well, thank you to everyone for your concern and prayers! God was listening, because I did feel a bit better this morning, and then my Physical Therapist showed up and worked with me for an hour and YIKES - now I'm exhausted, but that's ok, because it's all good! Part of the process when you have MS, you have to do it to keep up what strength you have, because MS keeps pulling you down, down, down. DJ is great and has been coming to my house for about a month now and I can tell it's helping, little by little. She's a very pleasant ad knowledgeable woman with an adorable little girl that she brings with her sometimes, and that is always a treat. I've had PT about a 15-20 or times in different places by different therapists since my diagnosis, and it is always so hard, but it's always helpful. It's great that since I can't drive anymore, I have a therapist who will come and bring her equipment with her and help me at the house. What a blessing that is! It's a God Thing as I like to say :)

Last night, they held a outside bonfire memorial for our son J's friend who passed away from the shooting last week. I was praying and praying that the Lord would touch the hearts of those kids, and again today at the funeral. So hard for him to see his young friends lose their lives, this is the 3rd one for him, and our older son B has lost 5 of his friends, and he's only 25. It's so hard for all of us and especially young people to see God when something tragic like this happens, but it's all part of the puzzle of life. We don't know how all the pieces fit together, we don't know why some die young and some of us live long lives, but He does, and He knows and feels the pain of these young people. He grieves right along their side. Help them to feel His presence, right here and right now. Lead these young people to you Lord, for you are the only way. You are knocking on the doors of their hearts Lord, help them to open....

Verse for today is from Matthew 7:7-8

Jesus said "Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."

My prayer for today:

Lord, I know you are there. You are knocking at the doors of these young people in the midst of this tragedy, at this moment in time. Open their hearts, open their minds, open their souls, to see and receive you.

In Jesus Name I pray, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments on my blog. Please leave them here and God Bless you~