Friday, April 30, 2010

Hope is what we hang onto :)

Do you have a lot of hope? Hope is something I really hang onto to get me through each day, and something I especially cling to in the bad times. Hope that things will get better, hope that things will turn around for the difficult or heartbreaking situation in my life. Prayer and hope is what I put my faith in.

I have really had a lot of hope recently about this new MS CCSVI research that is going on. Could this be the cure we have been praying for, for so many years? I sure hope so, and that hope is a wonderful thing to hang on to, but if it's not the cure, then I hope there will be another cure in my lifetime to help me feel a little better and prevent others from having to deal with this disease.

I hope each day when I open my eyes that God can use me in my little corner of the world to make a difference in someone's life.

I hope that my Dad will feel better each day coming out of this terrible ordeal he's lived through these past few months. I hope my husband and kids will thrive and be encouraged, happy and healthy, and that our family can handle all the situations in our lives with dignity and grace. The list goes on and on, because I think that hope is what we all hang onto everyday to get us through the trials in this life.

Yes, I think Hope is a wonderful thing that the Lord has given us. How many times in a day do I say out loud or to myself...I hope this happens or I hope she says or he says, etc.

I think we all put a lot of faith in hope and the promise of hope. After all, isn't that what our faith is?Hope in God's promise of eternal life if we accept Jesus as Savior? I will hang onto tight to my hope...for my hope is in Jesus Christ-- He is a ray of light in this dark world we live in.

What do you put your hope in? The things of this world are fleeting at best. I sure need something more solid to put my hope in, how about you?

My verse for today is from Psalm 25:4-5:

"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

My prayer for today:

Lord, today has been a difficult day after my interferon shot, but I put my hope in you. Hope for a better day tomorrow, hope that Pop continues to improve and get stronger each day, and You will give him the hope of brighter tomorrows. Thank you Lord for being able to have hope to hang onto, for hope is what gets us through our brief days on this earth. Help me to give hope to others by the way I live my life each day. Help me to point them to you, for in you in our eternal hope.

In Jesus Name I pray,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments on my blog. Please leave them here and God Bless you~