Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Waiting on the Lord...

It's Wednesday, and I am pleased to report that my Pop continues to improve. Still in ICU, but improving daily. They might put move him to the floor tomorrow, so that is another Praise Report! Thank you Jesus! He has been thru so much these past two months, and is down. Please blog friends, continue to pray for healing and for his mental and emotional state.

I had a nice long swim in the pool today. It was cold, but really helped my legs. My legs have been getting increasing stiff and spastic, a lot more so than I've been used to over the years, and it scares me. I think of myself as a pretty tough ole' bird, I don't complain too much, but the last few weeks have been increasingly difficult for me, MS wise. My neuropathic pain is at an all time high, and I even told my hubby tonight that I'm considering going to a pain management Dr. to see what he can do. I've been on and off different drugs to try to help over the years, but it just keeps getting worse and worse, and the heat isn't even really here yet. Oh Boy :(

PT helps me keep flexible, but this neuropathic pain is starting to get to me. It's really bad in my legs. I feel like I'm on fire from the waist down, I have it in my back and fingers, head, and now I'm starting to get it down my right cheek. I think I'm more like my parents (actually my Dad) than I want to admit, cause I grin and bear it instead of complaining, but everybody has their limits. I use ice packs sometimes and that will help, but as of late, it's not doing too much at all.
I have an appt. with my neurologist in a week and I'll ask him, but I know from experience that there's not too much that can be done unless there's some radical new therapy I don't know about. Does anyone out there have any suggestions that may help? I'm open to anything. I'm even starting to have trouble sleeping even with my sleeping cocktail every night. HELP???

I just keep praying for a cure to this stinkin' disease. Give me patience Lord, to keep waiting this out, I'm really impatient today, but You suffered in Your earthly body, so why not me, right?

My verse for today in on suffering, which is running rampant in my family these last few days. Please pray for me and my Pop to patiently wait on the Lord:

Isaiah 40:31

"But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength, they will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

My prayer for today:

Dear Lord,

Thank you for my Pop's improving condition. Thank you for answered prayers, and for continuing to surround him and my family with your love and comfort. Lord, I need to pray for me tonight. I want to run and not grow weary, I want to walk and not be faint. Heal my body Lord, from this MS, help me to wait on you during these difficult days. It's been a tough day, but I am waiting on you and I am believing in your perfect timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments on my blog. Please leave them here and God Bless you~