Sunday, April 25, 2010

Thinking cool..thanks for the prayers, friends :)

I've been up and down all night. My head is very tender to touch, I'm gonna write in this blog for a few minutes, get an icepack and head back in to lay down. I got two very encouraging things from friends Karen and Martha.Two are verses and the other a poem, they both helped me tremendously and I am very grateful. I love the book of Psalms, and often turn there when I have an especially bad day.

So - with that said- These are my verses/poems for today: Maybe they will bring you comfort too.

Psalm. 40:17

As for me, since I am poor and needy, let the Lord keep me in his thoughts. You are my helper and my savior. O my God, do not delay.

Psalm. 124:8 Our help is from the Lord who made heaven and earth.


"I met God in the morning when my day was at its best. And his presence came like sunrise, like a glory in my breast. All day long the presence lingered. All day long He stayed with me. And we sailed in perfect calmness O'er a very troubled sea. So I think I know the secret. Learned from many a troubled way. You must seek Him in the morning if you want Him through the day!"

Thank you friends. I will hang on to these words throughout the day. My hope comes from the Lord and you must seek Him in the morning, when you are fresh and at your best, I should have done that BEFORE I took Mollie for a walk :( Will I ever learn? DUH?

When my head starts in like this, what I do is pray and do my bio-feedback which can help with the intense pain. Today I definitely go in the pool. Steve got it all ready yesterday and I can't wait to dive in for the first time this year. Thank you Jesus that I have a pool - that makes such a difference for me. Diving into the cool water feels like I'm resetting my nervous system, and can function for a while. Thinking about my mountain and a beautiful morning sunrise and the cool weather up there: think cool, think cool, think cool. That's what I have to say to myself :)

Have a blessed Sunday friends, this is the Lord's day: Praise Him today! -and relax, renew, revive. He gave us this sabbath day so we could do just that :)

Blessings,
Nicki

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments on my blog. Please leave them here and God Bless you~